At Truist Park on Thursday, the Atlanta Braves (three straight defeats) take on the St. Louis Cardinals at 7:20 PM ET.
The Braves are heavily favored (-307 on the moneyline to win) when they host the Cardinals (+246). The Braves will give the ball to Max Fried (6-1) against the Cardinals and Adam Wainwright (3-10).
Yesterday, the Cardinals claimed an 11-6 victory over the Braves, with Dakota Hudson (5.0 IP, 5 R, 7 H, 2 K) earning the win for the Cardinals. Willson Contreras finished 2-for-4 with a home run and three RBI to lead the offensive attack. Spencer Strider (2.2 IP, 6 R, 6 H, 5 K) was handed the loss for the Braves.
To prepare for this Braves vs. Cardinals matchup, here is what you need to get ready for Thursday’s MLB action, including viewing options.
Atlanta Braves vs. St. Louis Cardinals Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Braves (-307, bet $307 to win $100)
- Underdog: Cardinals (+246, bet $100 to win $246)
- Over/under: 10.5
Catch the excitement and bet with Tipico!
Braves Stats and Trends
Braves Betting Records
- The Braves have won 82, or 65.6%, of the 125 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- This season Atlanta has been at least -307 favorites on the moneyline three times, losing each of those contests.
- The implied probability of a win from the Braves, based on the moneyline, is 75.4%.
- So far this season, Atlanta and its opponents have hit the over in 74 of 138 games with a total.
- The Braves have an ATS record of 70-68-0 in 138 games with a spread this season.
Max Fried (Braves Probable Starter)
- Fried gets the start for the Braves, his 12th of the season. He is 6-1 with a 2.52 ERA and 63 strikeouts through 60 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Saturday, the left-hander tossed seven scoreless innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers while surrendering three hits.
- The 29-year-old has put together a 2.52 ERA and 9.3 strikeouts per nine innings in 11 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .250 to opposing hitters.
- Fried is trying to claim his third quality start in a row in this matchup.
- Fried will try to build upon a five-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.5 frames per outing).
- He has had five appearances this season in which he kept his opponents to zero earned runs.
- He will take the mound against a Cardinals offense that is hitting .254 as a unit (12th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .430 (ninth in MLB) with 194 total home runs (ninth in MLB).
Braves Batting Stats
- The Braves have hit 265 homers to lead Major League Baseball this season.
- No MLB team has a better slugging percentage than Atlanta (.502) this season.
- The Braves lead baseball with a .275 batting average.
- Atlanta has scored the most runs (801) in baseball so far this year.
- No team gets on base better than the Braves, who have a league-best .344 OBP this season.
- Atlanta is one of the most-disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking sixth with an average of 7.9 strikeouts per game.
Cardinals Stats and Trends
Cardinals Betting Records
- The Cardinals have won in 27, or 42.9%, of the 63 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- St. Louis has played as an underdog of +246 or more just one time this year and came away with a win in that game.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Cardinals have a 28.9% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Contests with St. Louis has gone over the total set by bookmakers in 66 of 137 chances this season.
- The Cardinals have posted a record of 64-73-0 against the spread this season.
Adam Wainwright (Cardinals Probable Starter)
- Wainwright (3-10) gets the starting nod for the Cardinals in his 19th start of the season. He’s put together an 8.10 ERA in 83 1/3 innings pitched, with 45 strikeouts.
- The righty’s last appearance came on Monday, Aug. 28 against the San Diego Padres, when he went six innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up eight hits.
- In 18 games this season, the 42-year-old has amassed an ERA of 8.10, with 4.9 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .359 against him.
- Wainwright heads into this outing with three quality starts under his belt this season.
- Wainwright heads into the matchup with 12 outings of five or more innings pitched this year.
- He has not had an appearance so far in 2023 that he did not allow at least one earned run.
- The opposing Braves offense has a collective .275 batting average, and is first in the league with 1305 total hits and first in MLB play with 801 runs scored. They have the first-ranked slugging percentage (.502) and are first in all of MLB with 265 home runs.
Cardinals Batting Stats
- The Cardinals rank ninth in MLB action with 194 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- So far this year, St. Louis is ninth in baseball with a .430 slugging percentage.
- The Cardinals have the 12th-ranked batting average in the majors (.254).
- The offense for St. Louis is the No. 17 offense in MLB, scoring 4.6 runs per game (636 total runs).
- The Cardinals rank 10th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .328.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Braves vs. Cardinals: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Thursday, September 7, 2023
- Game Time: 7:20 PM ET
- Stadium: Truist Park
- TV Channel: MLB.tv
- Live Stream: Fubo (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to betting services. Sports betting operators have no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See operator site for Terms and Conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Problem Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER. Must be 21 or older to gamble.