Been wanting to take advantage of all the new features that ATSC 3.0 NextGen TV has to offer? 4K TV, improved sound, better weather alerts, and a ton of other features are coming with the NextGen TV ATSC 3.0 free over-the-air TV. The ZapperBox M1 is a NextGen TV ATSC 3.0 OTA TV tuner with 4K HDR support and a channel guide. Now you have the needed tuner to take advantage of ATSC 3.0! Hooking this up to your antenna and TV in a market with ATSC 3.0 will give you access to everything NextGen TV has to offer.
Now the ZapperBox has been updated to add a built-in DVR if you add some external storage. This makes it one of the few DVR options of ATSC 3.0 NextGen TV.
The only downside is you will need to pay for the 14-day guide data.
Here are the official release notes for the new DVR features on the ZapperBox:
Aug 2, 2023
ZapperBox v2.0 and OS 230322 Release Notes
- DVR features in this release are in beta. We will keep releasing frequent updates as usual.
- The DVR beta features in this release require a subscription to 14-day guide data. Click here to subscribe.
- The next release v2.1 will enable DVR use without a subscription.
- DVR features require a minimum storage capacity of 128 GB.
- This release will require a reformat of your storage device in order to enable DVR features.
- DVR, Live TV and Record buttons have been enabled on the remote control
- You can schedule recordings from within the grid guide and and the search menu
- Pressing DVR lets you navigate your library of recordings, scheduled recordings, series recordings and a historical log of all recordings.
- Recordings can be deleted by using the Zap key.
See the full release history HERE.
Upcoming v2.1 Release (Aug 21-23)
- Manual recordings without a subscription
- Record only new shows
- Do not record duplicate shows
More Upcoming DVR Features
- Edit scheduled recordings
- Show channel logos in grid guides
- Add rich meta data like posters
- Categorize recordings by series and genre